Lydia and Lawrence were featured in the Times Home section discussing the trials and tribulations of living in a renovation project. Journalist Hugh Graham from the Sunday Times, spent the day at Mabel’s Farmhouse for a taste of the authentic experience of living in a renovation project. Lydia & Lawrence shared their top tips with Hugh on “How To Live With A Renovation”:
- Only stay on site during a build if you’re prepared to take your time.
- Don’t consider it if you have children or a family member with health problems.
- Only do it if you can keep the bathroom operational.
- Sequence the order of construction so you will always have a functioning kitchen, as well as somewhere to sleep.
- Establish a sanctuary you can escape to so the whole house isn’t a construction site.
- Have a room you can keep airtight to protect it from dust, for storing valuable objects and furniture.
- Buy freestanding kitchen units and compact furniture that can be moved around.
- If you work from home, rent an office.